Library Policies and Forms
Policymaking is one of the Library Board's most important responsibilities. Policies are vital tools in carrying out the board's planning and evaluation decisions. Library policies established by the board govern and guide all phases of the public library's operation. Effective policies are management tools for running the library. The trustees, with the help of the director and staff, create these tools. The director and staff use them.
Some of the material posted here is in Portable Document Format (PDF). The freely available Adobe Reader software can be used to view these documents.
What is a policy?
- A broadly stated guideline for actions and decisions
- Any governing document which describes a principle or plan
- A general statement of supporting library operations, rules, regulations and use
- The basis for procedures, but not a detailed course of action
- A statement in accordance with the purpose and legal structure of the library
- Policy on Lending to Residents of Municipalities with Decertified Libraries
- Internet Access Policy
- Pass Policy
- Unattended Children Policy
- Weather and Emergency Closure Policy
- Material Objection Form PDF download
- Material Objection Form Word document download
- Teacher's Library Cheat Sheet - (currently unavailable)
- Merrimac Library Long Range Plan (2007) PDF download